We will need the following during your Tax Appointment:
We will conduct a Intake & Interview Review to obtain the most information possible to accurately complete your tax return by asking the following questions:
- Tax Information such as Forms W-2, 1099, 1098.
- Social Security cards or ITIN letters for you and all persons on your tax return.
- Proof of Identity (such as drivers license or other picture ID)
- Payment (We accept cash, post dated checks or major credit cards)
Income- Did you (or your spouse) receive:
Expenses- Did you (or your spouse) pay for any of the following:
- Wages or salary? (Forms W-2)
- Tip Income?
- Scholarships? (Forms 1098-T)
- Interest/Dividends from: checking/savings accounts, bonds, CD's, brokerage? (Forms 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID)
- Refund of state/local income taxes previously used as a deduction on 1040 Sch A? (Forms 1099-G)
- Alimony Income?
- Self-Employment Income/Loss (such earnings from contract labor, small business)? (Forms 1099-MISC)
- Income (gain or loss) from the sale of Stocks, Bonds, or Real Estate (including your home)? (Forms 1099-B)
- Disability Income (Such as payment from SSA, VA, insurance, etc)? (Forms 1099-R, W-2)
- Distributions from Pensions, Annuities, and/or IRA? (Forms 1099-R)
- Unemployment or Paid Family Leave Compensation? (Forms 1099-G)
- Social Security or Railroad Benefits? (Forms SSA-1099)
- Income (profit or loss) from Rental Property?
- Other income: (Gambling, lottery, prizes, awards, etc) (Forms W-2 G, 1099-MISC)
- Alimony: If yes, do you have the recipient's SSN?
- Contributions to a retirement account? IRA/Roth IRA/401K?
- Educational expenses paid for yourself, spouse or dependents? (such as tuition, books, fees, etc)
- Unreimbursed employee business expenses (such as mileage, however keep in mind that commuting from your home to work is never deductible; only if you travel to meet your clients, or for business meetings etc, travel expenses, uniforms, protective clothing/shoes, professional fees for licenses/certifications, business use of home expenses which would include cell phone/internet/utilities etc)
- Medical Expenses? (Fees paid to hospitals, doctors, clinics, vision, dental etc)
- Home Mortgage Interest?
- Private Mortgage Insurance?
- Real Estate Taxes?
- Vehicle Registration License Fee? (please keep the bill you receive from DMV when you renew your vehicle as only a portion of your registration is deductible)
- Charitable Contributions?
- Child/dependent care expenses that allowed you or your spouse to work or to look for work? (Your must have the day care/persons name, address, phone number, SSN/EIN, and amount paid for he whole year)
Life Events- Did you (or your spouse):
- Have a Health Savings Account? (Forms 5498-SA, 1099-SA)
- Have a debt from mortgage or credit card cancelled/forgiven by a lender? (Forms 1099-C)
- Buy a home? If yes, please provide the closing date.
- Have Earned Income Credit dissallowed in a prior years?
- Purchase and install energy efficient items? (such as windows, furnace, insulation, etc)
- Live in an area that was affected by a natural disaster?
- Receive the First Time Homebuyers credit in previous years?
- Pay any student loan interest?
- Make estimated tax payments?
- If you are due a refund, and would like direct deposit, please have your bank name, routing number, and account number ready.