Order a copy of your tax return for free: Need a copy of your tax return? You have a choice of ordering it thru Udave Tax & Notary for free. Please contact us at (909)559-9337 or submit an email request to:
priscillau@udavetaxandnotary.com. You can also request copies of tax returns (current and up to the past 6 years) directly thru the IRS for a fee of $57 by completing the following form: http://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf

Order a Tax Account Transcript for FREE: You can order it online thru the IRS website by visiting:
https://sa1.www4.irs.gov/irfof-tra/start.do and receive it in the mail in as little as 7 to 10 days. (Tax account transcript provides basic info, including marital status, type of return filed, AGI, taxable income, dependent info, and adjustments if any.)  

Tax Tips: 

Do I have to file a tax return?: Guidelines for MOST people

 Filing Status 2013                                     Must file if gross income is at least


   Under 65                                                             $10,000

   65 or older                                                         $11,500

Married Filing Jointly

   Both spouses under 65                                   $20,000

   One spouse 65 or older                                   $21,200

   Both Spouses 65 or older                                $22,400

Married filing separately                                     $3,900


Head of Household

   Under 65                                                              $12,850

   65 or older                                                           $14,350


Qualifying Widow(er)

  Under 65                                                              $16,100

  65 or older                                                            $17,300

Taxable Income: Examples of taxable income are: Wages, salaries, bonuses, commisions, Alimony, Annuities, Awards, Back pay, Breach of Contract, Business Income/Self-Employment Income, Compensation for personal services, debts forgiven, Director's fees, Disability Benefits (employer-funded) Discounts, Dividends, Employees awards, Employee bonuses, Estate and Trust Income, Farm Income, Fees, Gains from sale of property or securities, Gambling winnings, Hobby Income, Interest, Interest on life insurance and dividends, IRS distributions, Jury duty fees, Military pay (not exempt from taxation) Military pension, Notary fees, Partnership, Estate and S-corporaton income, Pensions, Prizes, Punitive damage, Railroad retirement, Refund of state taxes, Rents, Rewards, Royalties, Severance pay, Non-employee Compensation, Social Security Benefits, Supplemental unemployment benefits, Taxable Scholarships and grants, Tips and gratuities and unemployment compensation. 

Non-Taxable Income: Aid to famiies with dependent children (ADFC), Child Support, Damages for physical injury (other than punitive) Death Payments, Dividends on life insurance, Federal EMployees Compenstion Act payments, Federal Income Tax Refunds, Gifts, bequests, and inheritances, Insurance proceeds (Accident/Casualty/Health/Life) Interest on tax-free securites, Interest on EE/I bonds redeemed for qualified higher education expenses, Meals and lodging for the convenience of employer, Payments to teh benificiary of a deceased employee, Relocation payments or payments in lieu of workers compensation, Rental allowance of clergyman, Sickness and injury payments, Social Security benefits-portion may not be taxable, Supplemental Security Income (SSI) Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF) Veterans, Welfare payments (including TANF and food stamps) and Workers Compensation and similar payments. 

Head of Household: This is always something people are questioning. To sum it up; the Head of Household status is if you are an unmarried person and you pay more than half the cost of keeping up the home for the year for yourself AND a qualifying child/relative. However, if you are married and live with your spouse then unfortunately you do not qualify. Unless you did not live with your spouse for the last 6 months of the year, and you have a qualifying child then you may qualify.

Another common scenario is when there is more than two people keeping up the home..Generally, if two or more people keep up the same home, only one of the people could pay more than half the costs and qualify for the head of household filing status. However, when... two or more families occupy the same dwelling, each family may be treated as keeping up a separate home if:

•Each family maintains separate finances, and
•Neither family contributes to the support of the other family.

 The Franchise Tax Board nows offers a Self-Test that you can access now online. It easy to use and only takes a few minutes. https://www.ftb.ca.gov/individuals/hoh/selftest/Index.shtml

Tax Credits: Additional Child Tax credit, Adoption Expense, Alternative Motorvehicle credit, Child and dependent care, Child tax credit, Earned Income Credit, Education credit, Edlerly or Disabled credit, Residential Energy credit and Retirement Saver's credit.

Deductible Medical Expenses: Abortion, Acupuncture, Alcoholism. Treatment, meals, and lodging at therapeutic center for alcohol addiction. Transportation to AA meetings, Ambulance service, Artificial Limbs and Artificial teeth, Attendant for blind or deaf student, Birth control pills and other contraceptives described by a doctor, body scan, braile books/magazines, breast reconstruction after a mastectomy to treat cancer. Camp for children with disabilities, childbirth preparation classes, chiropractor, contact lenses including equipment and materials for using contacts, such as saline, and enzyme cleaner, cosmetic surgery if necessary to improve a deformity related to a congenital abnormality, accident or disease, including obesity (except for liposuction) crutches, dental treatment including cost of braces, dentures, etc., drug addiction for treatment, meals and lodging at therapeutic center for drug addiction, Eyeglasses, Fertility enhancement due to medical condition or defect, guide dog, hearing aids and batteries, hospital care, insurance premiums, laboratory fees, laser eye surgery, mattresses bought to alleviate arthritic condition, medicine and drugs, nursing care and nursing home, orthpedic shoes, physical examination, pregnancy test kit, prosthetic limbs, sex therapy at a hospital upon doctors advice, smoking cessation programs prescribed drugs to alleviate the smoking addiction except for nicotine patches and gum, transportation and loding costs to obtain medical care, wheelchairs and motorized scooters, and x-ray services. 

Recordkeeping Tips: Click on the following link to watch a video from the IRS on recordkeeping:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RX7D2JBCOQE

Cash Contributions to Charity:  

Cash donations of less than $250. You must have a bank record or written receipt from charity.
Cash donations of more than $250. You must receive an acknowledgement from the charity. 

Noncash contributions : 
Noncash donations of less than $250. Receipt not required when it is impractical to obtain one from the donee organization.  (for example, items are left at a charity's unattended dropbox).
Noncash donations of less than $500. Written records must be kept in all cases. 
Noncash donations of more than $500. Must have a qualified appraisal.

The Value Guide below will assist you in determining the tax-deductible value of any items you are donating. You will see that the table includes low and high estimates of value. Please choose a value within this range that is in keeping with your item's relative age and quality.

If you drop off your items at a local thrift store ask the clerk for a receipt or if you have your donations picked up be sure to ask for a receipt from the driver.
 2. Written Records. Records must include the following information: (1) name and address of donee organization, (2) date and location of the contribution, (3) description of the property, (4) Fair Market Value of the property. If the donation is over $500, written records must also include how and when you received the property and the property's cost or basis. 

Appliances Low High
Air Conditioner $20.00 $90.00
Dryer $45.00 $90.00
Electric Stove $75.00 $150.00
Gas Stove $50.00 $125.00
Heater $7.50 $22.00
Microwave $10.00 $50.00
Refrigerator (working) $75.00 $250.00
T.V. (color, working) $75.00 $225.00
Washing Machine $40.00 $150.00
Children's Clothing Low High
Blouse $2.00 $8.00
Boots $3.00 $20.00
Coat $4.50 $20.00
Dress $3.50 $12.00
Jacket $3.00 $25.00
Jeans $3.50 $12.00
Pants $2.50 $12.00
Shirt $2.00 $6.00
Shoes $2.50 $8.75
Skirt $1.50 $6.00
Slacks $2.00 $8.00
Snowsuit $4.00 $19.00
Socks $0.50 $1.50
Sweater $2.50 $8.00
Underwear $1.00 $3.50


Furniture Low High
Bed (full, queen, king) $50.00 $170.00
Bed (single) $35.00 $100.00
Bedroom Set (complete) $250.00 $1000.00
Carriage $5.00 $100.00
Chair (upholstered) $25.00 $100.00
Chest $25.00 $95.00
China Cabinet $85.00 $300.00
Clothes Closet $15.00 $50.00
Coffee Table $15.00 $65.00
Crib (w/mattress) $25.00 $100.00
Desk $25.00 $140.00
Dining Room Set (complete) $150.00 $900.00
Dresser w/Mirror $20.00 $100.00
End Table $10.00 $50.00
Folding Bed $20.00 $60.00
Hi Riser $35.00 $75.00
High Chair $10.00 $50.00
Kitchen Cabinet $25.00 $75.00
Kitchen Chair $2.50 $10.00
Kitchen Set $35.00 $170.00
Mattress (double) $12.50 $75.00
Mattress (single) $15.00 $35.00
Playpen $3.75 $30.00
Rugs $20.00 $90.00
Secretary $50.00 $140.00
Sleeper Sofa (with mattress) $85.00 $300.00
Sofa $35.00 $200.00
Trunk $5.00 $70.00
Wardrobe $20.00 $100.00

Household Goods

Household Goods Low High
Bakeware $1.00 $3.00
Bedspread/Quilt $3.00 $24.00
Blanket $3.00 $15.00
Chair/Sofa Cover $15.00 $35.00
Coffeemaker $4.00 $15.00
Curtains $1.50 $12.00
Drapes $6.50 $40.00
Fireplace Set $20.00 $80.00
Floor Lamp $6.00 $50.00
Glass/Cup $0.50 $1.50
Griddle $4.00 $12.00
Kitchen Utensils $0.50 $1.50
Lamp $5.00 $75.00
Mixer/Blender $5.00 $20.00
Picture/Painting $5.00 $200.00
Pillow $2.00 $8.00
Plate $0.50 $3.00
Pot/Pan $1.00 $3.00
Sheets $2.00 $8.00
Throw Rug $1.50 $12.00
Towels $0.50 $4.00

Men's Clothing

Men's Clothing Low High
Jacket $7.50 $25.00
Overcoat $15.00 $60.00
Pajamas $2.00 $8.00
Raincoat $5.00 $20.00
Shirt $2.50 $12.00
Shoes $3.50 $25.00
Shorts $3.50 $10.00
Slacks $5.00 $12.00
Suit $15.00 $60.00
Sweater $2.50 $12.00
Swim Trunks $2.50 $8.00
Tuxedo $10.00 $60.00
Undershirt $1.00 $3.00
Undershort $1.00 $3.00


Miscellaneous Low High
Answering Machine $10.00 $30.00
Bicycle $5.00 $80.00
Board Game $1.00 $3.00
Book (paperback) $0.75 $1.50
Book (hardback) $1.00 $3.00
CD $2.00 $5.00
Computer Monitor $5.00 $50.00
Computer Printer $5.00 $150.00
Computer System $100.00 $400.00
Copier $40.00 $200.00
DVD $2.00 $5.00
DVD Player/VCR $8.00 $15.00
Edger $5.00 $25.00
Golf Clubs $2.00 $25.00
Ice Skates $3.00 $15.00
Luggage $5.00 $15.00
Mower $25.00 $100.00
Mower (riding) $100.00 $300.00
Radio $7.50 $50.00
Roller Blades $3.00 $15.00
Sewing Machine $15.00 $85.00
Stereo $15.00 $75.00
Stuffed Animal $0.50 $1.00
Tennis Racket $2.00 $5.00
Typewriter $5.00 $25.00
Umbrella $2.00 $6.00
Vacuum Cleaner $15.00 $65.00

Women's Clothing

Women's Clothing Low High
Bathing Suit $4.00 $12.00
Bathrobe $2.50 $12.00
Blouse $2.50 $12.00
Boots $2.00 $5.00
Bra $1.00 $3.00
Coat $10.00 $40.00
Dress $4.00 $20.00
Evening Dress $10.00 $60.00
Foundation Garment $3.00 $8.00
Fur Coat $25.00 $400.00
Fur Hat $7.00 $15.00
Handbag $2.00 $20.00
Hat $1.00 $8.00
Jacket $4.00 $12.00
Nightgown $4.00 $12.00
Pants Suit $6.50 $25.00
Shoes $2.00 $25.00
Skirt $3.00 $8.00
Slacks $3.50 $12.00
Slip $1.00 $6.00
Socks $0.50 $1.25
Suit $6.00 $25.00
Sweater $3.75 $15.00

Caution: The valuations are presented only as General Guildelines. See publication 561, Determining the Value of Donated Property, for more information from the irs website. All appliances, electronics and equipment assumed to be working, and all clothing and furniture in good condition.

About Us
Tax Services
Notary Services
Refund Chart
Contact Us
Tax Tips/Info
Feedback Form
Guest Book
Tax Interview
If you have any feedback on how we can make our new website better please do contact us and we would like to hear from you.
Site Map